BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Win
Calcite | Level 5
How can we migrate a sas code form one version to another version.

For example i am having a code of v6. to current sas 9.2 how can i do this.(or) from sas 9.1.3 to 9.2
3 REPLIES 3
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Your experience may vary. It will depend on SAS features your site has implemented. And the results of a migration are not always just related to code change - consider some subtle SAS ODS differences you may experience along the way.

For example, a SAS v6 (from) migration to v8 was not always as straightforward as v8 to v9.

Suggest you search the archives using keyword "migration".

Here is one Discussion Forum thread to consider:

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=29029

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
DanielSantos
Barite | Level 11
Agree.

That's why I said "mostly straightforward".
If we are talking about code, you shouldn't much trouble unless you have some particular and complex implementations. I mean, v6 datastep coding is pretty much the same as v9 and the majority of procedures also.

If we're talking about SAS server architecture, then forget it. v9 brought a complete new setup, you'll probably have a lot of manual work if not to redo many things from scratch.

Give us some more info please.

Cheers from Protugal.

Daniel Santos @ www.cgd.pt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation