BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
My_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

HI are there any options to append huge datasets and reduce the time

i am having two datasets having 1 crs obs each every time it will get 1 crs obs in data set 2 any optins to optimise the time

for appending i am using this command

proc append base=data1 data=data2;

run;

3 REPLIES 3
My_SAS
Calcite | Level 5

is there any bulkload options for appending the datasets...

art297
Opal | Level 21

I think there is if you are using Teradata or some DBMSs.  See, e.g., http://www.afhood.com/blog/?tag=proc-append or do a Google search for bulkload append sas

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Well, too little information here for helping you out.

Given your example code and by using the term "data set", I guess that your data is in SAS tables (Base, or perhaps SPDE?).

If your problem handles temporary tables, just be sure to add the smaller table to the larger.

If you base table is permanent:

-  Bulkload: I would consider PROC APPEND as equivalent in speed (or better) than RDBMS bulkload. That is, if your base table doesn't have any constraints (especially PK/FK) or indexes defined. If your base table is in a SPDE libref, you could have indexes defined, and then SAS will simultaneously insert data and update the index.

/Linus

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation