BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pr1
Calcite | Level 5 pr1
Calcite | Level 5

I have this import statement:

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE = 'C:\ Data Files\AAAAAA\DN txns BBBBBB Test.xlsx'

DBMS=XLSX

OUT = WORK.AP_XXXXXXXX;

SHEET = 'Sheet1';

I have some 50 of such import statements in my code. 

In the above statement AAAAAA, BBBBBB, XXXXXXXX comes from one SAS table with three columns which contains these values.  

Is it possible to read these fields from SAS table and pass the value to the above statement and make it execute 50 times? 

Thanks.

PR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
asdfghjkl__lpoi87654ewasxcv
Calcite | Level 5

I would use select into in a proc sql to read all the rows into enumerated macro vars (e.g. select AAAAAA into :a1-:a50) then use an iterated macro do loop to step through the macro vars and perform the import step.  Since there are no do loops allowed in open code you would need to put this in a macro

%do  i=0 %to 50;

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE = 'C:\ Data Files\&&a&i.\DN txns &&b&iTest.xlsx'

DBMS=XLSX

OUT = WORK.AP_&&x&i;

SHEET = 'Sheet1';

%end;

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

Time for you to get hands on CALL EXECUTE().

Haikuo

asdfghjkl__lpoi87654ewasxcv
Calcite | Level 5

I would use select into in a proc sql to read all the rows into enumerated macro vars (e.g. select AAAAAA into :a1-:a50) then use an iterated macro do loop to step through the macro vars and perform the import step.  Since there are no do loops allowed in open code you would need to put this in a macro

%do  i=0 %to 50;

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE = 'C:\ Data Files\&&a&i.\DN txns &&b&iTest.xlsx'

DBMS=XLSX

OUT = WORK.AP_&&x&i;

SHEET = 'Sheet1';

%end;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation