BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jwhite
Quartz | Level 8

(forgive me if this is the wrong folder)

Good Afternoon, All.

Our office is currently on SAS 9.3 but we're about to make the migration to 9.4. This will be my first SAS migration, as I'm a new SAS user, so this there anything we should be aware of?

Any change in names of naming conventions? What features over 9.3 should we look to leverage? Any other helpful tips in performing a successful SAS migration?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Check: What's New in SAS(R) 9.4

The best thing of a conversion is a test that all functionality you are now running and dependent is still working with the newer SAS release.
Sometimes there are a lot of small issues when you know them, but do not want to solve those in a stressed production delivery situation. (user acceptance testing)

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm assuming that you are more involved with the migration of SAS applications and not the installation of SAS 9.4 software and metadata migration. In that case Jaap's recommendations are a good starting point.

If you have a lot of applications to migrate, developing a test plan may be useful as you can use it to write up your test results as you do them. Your first focus should be ensuring that all applications work acceptably in 9.4. After that you can look at new 9.4 features.

Also be familiar with any deliberate changes made to the SAS 9.4 environment as that may necessitate application changes.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation