BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello everyone,

For the SAS code below,there is no problem to run it,but I can't find work.templat in work folder,where is it?

Thanks!

George

proc template;

define style newblue / store=work.templat;

parent=styles.htmlblue;

class graph / attrpriority='none';

class GraphData1 / markersymbol='EarthFilled'

contrastcolor=black

linestyle=2;

class GraphData2 / markersymbol='EarthFilled'

contrastcolor=black

linestyle=1;

end;

run;

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The name of the template store should be: template.sas7bitm -- but it will be in your WORK location. And, you won't see the template in your regular SAS Explorer window. You need a Template Browser window to see the template store. Or, you need to run PROC TEMPLATE. Are you seeing this in the log window:

NOTE: Overwriting existing template/link: Newblue

NOTE: STYLE 'Newblue' has been saved to: WORK.TEMPLAT

NOTE: PROCEDURE TEMPLATE used (Total process time):

real time           0.00 seconds

cpu time            0.03 seconds

If so, then you should be able to run this code to see the echo of the template in the SAS log:

proc template;

source newblue / store=work.templat;

run;

I usually recommend an explicit ODS PATH statement so that I don't have to recreate the template in the WORK location. To pop open the Template Browser, you have to be inside a Windowing environment like Windows Display Manager (type odstemplate in the Windows command line). EG and SAS Studio won't show you the interactive Template Browser. But the code I posted should work in any SAS session.

cynthia

GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you!

GeorgeSAS
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

How to open the template browser window?

art297
Opal | Level 21

To quote from a 2009 paper that Cynthia wrote ( http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/227-2009.pdf 😞 To open the interactive window, you either enter the command 'odstemplates' in the SAS command area or you right-click on the word "Results" in the Results Window and select "Templates" from the drop-down menu to open the Template Browser.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

To open a browser window, you MUST be in SAS Display Manager on Windows. You cannot do this in EG or SAS Studio. You need to type odstemplate in the Windows Display Manager command line. If your editor does NOT have a Windows command line, you need to use the PROC TEMPLATE code method to review your template stores and see source code.

Please refer this paper for some additional code samples: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings09/227-2009.pdf and page 2 shows what the template browser looks like vs a report.

I was unable to attach a screen shot of where in the command line you type odstemplates, so when I can post again, I will. But, again, there is only an interactive template browser window in interactive SAS Display Manager (not in EG, not in SAS Studio).

cynthia

how_to_open_template_browser.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation