BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gguidarelli
Calcite | Level 5
Hi. I have a SAS program where I want to make sure version 8 or higher of SAS is being used. If user mistakenly runs it using version 7 or earlier, I want to exit immediately with an appropriate message. But I can't find any function that SAS offers to let me determine the running version. Is there such a thing?

Thanks.
Greg
4 REPLIES 4
RickM
Fluorite | Level 6
Look and see if the automatic macro variables &sysver or &sysvlong is what you want.
gguidarelli
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, that's exactly what I need.

Thanks Rick.
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Why would you even have any SAS system installed that is prior to Version 8? Clearly you don't expect to get software defect/fix support with that type of environment. You really need to move those users up to a "supported" SAS version, which would be at least SAS version 9 and ideally 9.1.3 SP4 or 9.2.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
gguidarelli
Calcite | Level 5
Just playing it safe Scott. For whatever reason, the versions haven't been removed. We're not using them, but they're still accessible.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation