BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MGaddis
Calcite | Level 5
Hello all:

I'm trying to run the procedure LIFETEST but I'm getting an error. Here's my code:

proc lifetest data=here.hw1;
intervals=(12,24,36,48,60,72);
method=life;
time=t*(1);
strata by race;
run;

Here's the SAS log:

78 proc lifetest data=here.hw1;
ERROR: Procedure LIFETEST not found.
79 intervals=(12,24,36,48,60,72);
80 method=life;
81 time=t*(1);
82 strata by race;
83 run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE LIFETEST used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.01 seconds

Here's my version of SAS:

SAS 9.1.3 Service Pack 3
XP_PRO platform

Nothing I can find indicates I would be missing the lifetest procedure. This is a version of SAS obtained through my university. Please let me know what might be the issue.

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Possibly the SAS/STAT component was not installed with SAS Base? Are you sure you are licensed for SAS/STAT?

Try to find your "install" file within your SAS install directory, if SAS is on your local system. For SAS 9, it should be a text-format file, possibly named sas91_*.txt (where "*" is a numeric suffix). In this file, I find comp1=, comp2= statements.

And, I cannot remember if there is a DICTIONARY table with info about the installed components - that info escapes me, if if it does exist - I searched and could find no reference on the SAS support website http://support/sas.com/

Hope this info helps.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19
The setinit procedure shows installed componentes and the remaining time of the licence. Just execute
[pre]proc setinit;
run;[/pre]
MGaddis
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks! I'm not sure how I managed to get through 9 months without needing it or noticing it, but indeed I only had SAS BASE installed. When I entered the installation disc again I was able to add the other packages. Thanks for your help!
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
More precisely, SETINIT shows the products that are LICENSED, not the ones that are installed in any given instance.

If you run SETINIT, it will tell you if you have SAS/Stat licensed.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Though this is a bit late in this thread, the filedetv8 and filedetv9 will list the programs that are actually installed on a system. See this tech report

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/390.html

Doc Muhlbaier

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation