BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AbuChowdhury
Fluorite | Level 6

Where can I learn proc sql in details and with lots of examples?

6 REPLIES 6
jwillis
Quartz | Level 8

Dear AbuChowdhury,

I found the SAS 9.3 SQL Procedure User's Guide to be extremely helpful.  Add that book to your library then pick up the O'Reilly SQL Pocket Guide to see how SAS SQL can differ from all the other SQL dialects.

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

This website is a useful resource: http://www.w3schools.com/SQl/default.asp

Otherwise, google learn sql, buy a book?

AbuChowdhury
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot to both of you. Let me know if there are some more useful books as well. I would like to have those in my library.

reneeharper
SAS Employee

This list of 200+ files from support.sas.com are all samples that show the use of PROC SQL.  You may find some of them helpful. They provide complete code and show the results of running that code. You can cut and paste the code and manipulate it to see what the changes will do. I hope these samples will help in your quest.

You can also go to the documentation page on support.sas.com and use the search box to search for syntax or examples. This will be a great place to get more information on the coding that you see in sample or example code.

AbuChowdhury
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot.

Reeza
Super User

Proc SQL: Beyond the Basics Using SAS, Second Edition

Kirk P. Lafler

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation