BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mike_Davis
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

How to use proc sql to create a dataset in the new dataset I just want select all but one variables from old dataset?

In this example,I don't want variable s0377 list in the select statement.  Also I don't want to use drop statement as :...create table one(drop=s0377) ...or.... from sashelp.Yr1001(drop=s0377).....

Thanks

Proc sql noprint;

create table one as

select *

from sashelp.Yr1001

;

quit;

2 REPLIES 2
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

well, if not using drop, then try this:

proc sql;

select name into :name from dictionary.columns separated by ',' where libname='WORK' and MEMNAME='ONE' AND  name ne 'S0377'; quit;

Proc sql noprint;

create table one as

select &name

from sashelp.Yr1001

;

quit;

Haikuo

FloydNevseta
Pyrite | Level 9

Another option:

Proc sql noprint;

create table one as

select *

from sashelp.Yr1001

;

alter table one

drop s0377

;

quit;

But why don't you want to use the DROP= option? Generally, it's less coding and more efficient.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation