BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello if anyone know the solution please reply me

i have a data set with around 40 variables and 20 observarions
i need to produce a report for that in the below mentioned way

1.each observation in a page i.e 20 observations in 20 pages

2.one obervation has only 18 variables and the data and in the remaining 2 variables s missing.

report for this observation should have only 18 variables and the variables with missing data must be removed.

for this program with proc report i need to give all the 40 variable names in the column statement.

is there any other way to solve this without giving the 40 variable names
since i have many data sets with different variable names

Thanks
Sid
6 REPLIES 6
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Help me here a bit. rows are observations. Variables columns.

You have a data set with 40 variables and 20 observations and you want to report on one observation at a time. OK so far,

But in the 2) portion of your post you have 18 variables, do you mean observations? You want to only include non-missing data in your report?

Perhaps if you gave us a dummy example, it might help us understand. Say 3 rows and 4 columns of made up data.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Art asks good questions. Also, you do not need to post your question in multiple forums. I posted a response to this question in the ODS and Reporting forum.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
@cynthia Sorry....i forgot to mention it. i thought it was a wrong place for posting my question
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Generally, PROC REPORT, PROC TABULATE go hand-in-hand with ODS for reporting. So it was an OK place to post your original question.

Did you look at the program I posted??? It shows a similar data scenario - -using SASHELP.CLASS -- but with only 3 rows and 5 variables. However, one of the rows has missing values for 2 of the variables -- so except for the number of rows and the number of variables, the situation in my program will illustrate the fact that you cannot "remove" the column header for the 2 missing values.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
yes Cynthia i got the answer from your post only
deleted_user
Not applicable
@art i got the answer for my question

one observation has 38 variables means the other 2 variables has missing data in the total 40 variables.
variables are columns and observations are rows

each row has 40 columns

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation