BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jaymin
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have 23 columns in one Listing and wanted to create a .rtf file listing. I want to manually assign the columns on each page. But, could't find the way. Please guide me. 

So, the question is how to assign columns to each page, for example page 1 = col1-col7 then page 2= col8-col12 then page3= col13-col20 and page4= col21-23.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Real generic:

proc print data=have;
   var col1 - col7;
run;
proc print data=have;
   var col8 - col12;
run;

repeat as needed. You likely will need to spell out your variables.

Note: IF you have any record identfier that should be the first variable(s) in any proc print. Otherwise "reading" this stuff will quickly become a chore. Also if there are enough rows of data to go to the next page it gets worse. You may need to change papersize option or use an ODS style with smaller fonts to fit all the rows on a single page.

I know I am not terribly interested in reading data in this format and I've done that as this is the ancient, as in 1987, Lotus 123 PRN format.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation