BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
j4copo
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

does anyone know how proc gmap work? I am using SAS EG 5.1 and it is implemented in a wizard. I have a DB containing data on risk exposures by town in italy and i wish to create a map with different color intensities with according to the exposure concentration. The wizard seems to guide you in making exactly what i said but i do not knowhow to use it. It asks for the origin of map data and origin of response data. Thas for any help!

JAcopo

image.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

I don't use the wizards but the idea should be the same. First identify your map data. You should have a MAPS library with two datasets of interest: Italy and Italy2. The MAPS.Italy contains the actual map boundary information. The MAPS.Italy2 contains information about your regions or provinces. The variable ID in the MAPS.ITALY data set identifies provinces. In MAPS.ITALY2 the ID also has provices and other variables such at text of province or region names.

If you want to display the exposure rates by province the response data would be a data set that contains the ID and the rate for the province. When the wizard asks for map data use MAPS.ITALY, the response data would be the data set just created.

If you want to show the towns as points with rates per town you'll need to do a lot more work and I'm not sure if their are wizards for that.

j4copo
Fluorite | Level 6

thanks ballardw. Do you know how I can define boundary information for MAPS.Italy?

ballardw
Super User

The option COUTLINE+ in the CHORO statement controls the color of boundaries of areas defined in the ID statement such as the province boundaries. The WOUTLINE= options controls the width of the boundary outlines in pixels.

If you need to change boundaries appearance per area then we're likely into an ANNOTATE data set and that's a bit more work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation