BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
janie99
Calcite | Level 5

I have a data set with 7 potential covariates. At the moment I am testing each one individually against the outcome variable. I am using AIC/BIC to see which covariate fits the model best and building from there. The problem that I am having is that most variables have some missing responses. I have created a new variable called notmissing which codes a row as notmissing=0 if all covariates have a value for that row or notmissing=1 for the rows where one or more covariates has a missing value. What I want to do is run the proc glimmix and include a statement that only includes rows where notmissing=0 so that I can use the AIC/BIC.

This is the code I have written:

proc glimmix data=cmr.u5mrfull method=mspl ;

where=(notmissing=0);

class country regionID;

model u5mr = regionID year ltuberprev/ dist=normal link=id dfm=sat;

random intercept year / subject=country type=chol;

run;

I have run it for each variable but the number of observation used is different in each analysis so this makes me think the code hasn't worked properly or there is something wrong with the notmissing variable but I am not sure which one is causing the problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have run it for each variable but the number of observation used is different in each analysis so this makes me think the code hasn't worked properly or there is something wrong with the notmissing variable but I am not sure which one is causing the problem

You probably need to show us how your are creating the notmissing variable.

Also, I am not familiar with the syntax for the WHERE statement

where=(notmissing=0);

I always use something like

where notmissing=0;

or

proc glimmix data=cmr.u5mrfull(where=(notmissing=0)) method=mspl ;

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You probably need to show us how your are creating the notmissing variable.

Also, I am not familiar with the syntax for the WHERE statement

where=(notmissing=0);

I always use something like

where notmissing=0;

or

proc glimmix data=cmr.u5mrfull(where=(notmissing=0)) method=mspl ;

--
Paige Miller
brsinco
Calcite | Level 5

Whenever I have used a where statement with SAS procedures, it has always been with syntax like

where notmissing=0;

Try that with Glimmix and let know if it works.

Brandy

janie99
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks guys! There was a problem with the syntax of the where statement. As suggested I fixed it up to be:

where notmissing=0;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation