BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

I have age, gender (M,F) and sites (1,2,...7) columns, and I used proc freq to test (sites, gender ) and it showed p<0.001.

proc freq data= demo_sites ;
tables gender*sites_signup /chisq;
run;

But, how to do a pairwised chi-square test? I want to see which two groups are signigicant, and which two are not.

can I use proc multtest in this case?

A similar question for testing means of age in the 7 sites groups. I can use proc anova or proc glm to do a ANOVA test.

Is the solution to use proc multtest and contrast statement, like http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/sas/library/multtest.htm?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Regarding the testing of means, the LSMEANS statement in PROC GLM provides all of the options you need to compare all means in as many ways as you can think of, and adjust for the multiple comparisons using several methods.

proc glm data=yourdata;
class site;
model age=site;
lsmeans site/pdiff stderr cl adjust=sidak;
run;

This gives a Sidak adjustment for the 21 comparisons possible between the mean ages at the 7 sites.

Steve Denham

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Astounding
PROC Star

This isn't an exact answer, but it may be helpful.  Similar to CHISQ, there is an option (CELLCHISQ?  may need to check my spelling) that adds to each cell its contribution to the overall chi-square.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Regarding the testing of means, the LSMEANS statement in PROC GLM provides all of the options you need to compare all means in as many ways as you can think of, and adjust for the multiple comparisons using several methods.

proc glm data=yourdata;
class site;
model age=site;
lsmeans site/pdiff stderr cl adjust=sidak;
run;

This gives a Sidak adjustment for the 21 comparisons possible between the mean ages at the 7 sites.

Steve Denham

fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

@SteveDenham  Yes! This works excellently!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation