BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kabzi_5
Calcite | Level 5

Good day

i want to export data set i have queried using proc export code on Enterprise Guide 5.1, everytime i run the below code i receive an error message,

PROC EXPORT DATA= WORK.prvmth1

OUTFILE= "C:\Users\kabzi\Desktop\JUNK\prvmth1.CSV"

dbms=csv

replace;

RUN;

And the error message is: ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access /mtnx290/BAF/config/Lev3/SASAppAnalytics/C:\Users\kabzi\Desktop\JUNK\prvmth1.CSV.

Is the above statement supported on EG 5.1? if not which statement should i be using in order to export large amount of data?

3 REPLIES 3
gamotte
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hello,

You are executing your program on a remote server which has no visibility on your local files.

You can either export your table to a remote CSV and retrieve it (e.g. by FTP)  or execute your program locally

which supposes that the table You want to export is in your local work.

Steelers_In_DC
Barite | Level 11

Without the right license this will not work.  Using enterprise guide you can either use 'send to' and select excel word or powerpoint, or in the file menu select export.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

CSV export using PROC EXPORT is available in Base SAS. Talk to your SAS administrator to find out what shared folder on your remote SAS server you can use for your export files. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation