BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Paul_NYS
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi

I have two PCs with SAS on them. One with 32 bit and one with 64 bit. I have code that has worked fine for a long time with 32 bit. I updated a program with the 64 bit PC that was originally written with the 32 bit. In running it now on the 32 bit, it now is having a problem with the last proc export statement below. This worked fine in 32 bit prior. I also included the error, which has nothing to do with the lib ref statements. They are fine.

The Access DB is 32 bit.

Any ideas?

Paul

Statement:

PROC EXPORT DATA=s1PermComb

OUTTABLE="metric1btest"

DBMS=ACCESS REPLACE;

DATABASE="R:\CIP\Projects - Data\Court CW Data Metrics Project\SharePoint Prototype Files\accessTest.accdb";

RUN;

Error:

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

6 REPLIES 6
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

If that is case, check this out:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2012/05/01/64-bit-gotchas/

Basically you need to install Microsoft Access Engine 64 bit. The blog is about Excel, but the engine works for both. It has the exactly same name as the 32 bit when lookup in control panel, so be careful.

Also, you make sure you have valid SAS/ACCESS license pc files on this 64 bit box.

Paul_NYS
Obsidian | Level 7

This article seems like it is directed toward 64 bit PCs. My issue is now with the 32 bit PC though.

Paul

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Two possible reasons:

a) you have a bitness problem

b) you don't have the necessary SAS/ACCESS license, or the SAS/ACCESS module was not installed correctly

Paul_NYS
Obsidian | Level 7

I have SAS/Access installed and it worked fine before. So that should not be an issue.

Paul

DDK
Obsidian | Level 7 DDK
Obsidian | Level 7

Just putting my worthless 2 cents in. Is the export wizard working (with the PC files server)? At the end of the wizard it allows you to save the datasteps to a file and you could check that code with your own to see if anything is different. I've had a export statement work in a previous SAS version but not with a newer version (I know not the same as your problem) due to a slight difference in code. In addition, I've seen your error statement before since the SAS 9.3 version when I don't select the 'accessdb on a PCfiles server'.

Paul_NYS
Obsidian | Level 7

I don't use an export wizard for exporting. I just execute the above statement in Enterprise Guide just as plain SAS code. I don't use any of the GUI in EG for running processes at all.

Paul

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation