BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MohamedS
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,

I'm trying to create summary table using DI, but when I submit the report job I recieve an error "the type of name (course_name) is unkknow".

also, I downloaded the hotfix eb9bb81 to solve this problem and it is still as is. is there anyone can help in this issue.

N.B. course name is the first field name that I use. the table statement (table course_name, department*section*tot_cost;)
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Generally, every variable used in the TABLE statement must have the variable usage DEFINED in either a CLASS or VAR statement. This is because TABULATE will build "buckets" based on the crossings of the CLASS variables and in the "buckets" it will calculate the requested statistics based on the ANALYSIS variables listed in the VAR statement.

Based on the table statement you showed:
[pre]
table course_name, department*section*tot_cost;
[/pre]
I figure that COURSE_NAME, DEPARTMENT and SECTION will be your CLASS variables, and will appear in a CLASS statement and that TOT_COST will be your ANALYSIS variable and will appear in a VAR statement:
[pre]
class course_name department section;
var tot_cost;
table course_name, department*section*tot_cost;
[/pre]

Double check your syntax to make sure your TABULATE code has CLASS and VAR statements. If you do have CLASS and VAR statements in the code and you are still having problems, then your best bet for help is to contact SAS Tech Support.

cynthia
MohamedS
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Cynthia,

thank you, it worked

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation