BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Having searched the web, form and documentation I am stil stumped on something that must be really simple...how to format the values in a tabulate report. The default gives nnnnnnnnnn.nn , but I need comma format to make the report more readable.

This is the simplest of cross-tab reports.

PROC TABULATE
DATA=ECLIB000.ALL_EVENTS

OUT=SASUSER.STABSummaryTablesALL_EVENTS(LABEL="Summary Tables for ECLIB000.ALL_EVENTS")

;
VAR amount;
CLASS TO_Product / ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
CLASS FROM_Product / ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
TABLE
/* ROW Statement */
FROM_Product
all = 'Total' ,
/* COLUMN Statement */
TO_Product *(amount=' ' * Sum=' ' )
all = 'Total' *(amount=' ' * Sum=' ' ) ;
;

RUN;

It would be most helpful if someone would show me where the formatting instructions need to go in order to produce COMMA16. "amount" output.

Thanks in advance !
DBM
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If statistics based on AMOUNT are all you have in your table, then a very simple way to achieve the formatting you want is to do this:
[pre]
proc tabulate data=xxxx.data f=comma16.
out=yyyyyy.data(label="Something");
[/pre]

add the f= or format= option to the PROC TABULATE statement. It can go anywhere, but must be placed before the semi-colon that ends the statement.

In more complicated situations, such as where you want some statistics to have a comma16. format, but other statistics to have the comma16.2 format (for example), you would then need to request the format in the TABLE statement. Like this:
[pre]
table Product all,
othervar*(amount=' '*Sum=' '*f=comma16.2)
all*(amount=' '*Sum=' '*f=comma16.0);
[/pre]

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Excellent, and thank you. This works nicely.

Related question: is there any way to do this within the EG wizard ? It would seem to be an obvious requirement to format output, yet I cannot see where one has the opportunity to do so.

Thanks again for your attention and especially promptness.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Sadly, I do not have EG on this machine to double check, but I have some memory of right-clicking on the variable name or the statistic name and choosing Properties in order to assign a format.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Again thanks for your attention, Cynthia.

In EG tabulate is accessed through a wizard. When one selects the variable(s) to place in the tab construct there is no way to specify format. That is where it belongs (second screen in the EG wizard) - a useful addition - perhaps could be added to the development queue foir the benefit of the Base SAS challenged. 😉
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
HI...my memory is that when you drag and drop the variables into the table designer in the Summary Tables Task, that there is a way to Right-click on the variable name and set the format. I think it's Properties off the Right-click menu that comes up.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation