BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a bold border around each individual cell in a proc tabulate? I can't seem to find an option in the style = help section.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
Dave;

There are at least 3 styles that will do that - analysis, rsvp and torn. HOWEVER: using bold outlines emphasizes the table and de-emphasizes the data in the table. The sole purpose of a table (or a graph) is to let the data tell the story that's in it. May I suggest that you cruise around in http://www.perceptualedge.com and read some very good literature on data visualization. You might like to start with this article - http://www.perceptualedge.com/images/Effective_Chart_Design.pdf
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Bill! I agree with what you were saying about de-amphasizing the data. However, the powers-that-be have decided they want a report to look a certain way with shading and borders. I think I worked out a way using

[style = [background = std_dev. borderwidth = border.]]

where I set up proc formats to give the shading and border width.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way, but this seems to work ok.

Thanks again for the help!
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
Sometimes one has to do both - what they want and what they need. Sometimes they see the light!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation