BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sukhi1
Calcite | Level 5

Proc summary data = LIB_TRN.FFMSUB_SELECTED_1804 nway missing;
  by gpnr crms_org_id;
  var prov_num;
  output out= LIB_TRN.FFMSUB_SELECTED_AGG_1804(drop = _:)
  sum= maxid(prov_num(gpnr crms_org_id reporting_period db_filialnummer
       db_kontonummer ccdb_id kategorie gpname gbmerker
       nachrichtlich))=;
quit;

WARNING: Variable gpnr already exists on file LIB_TRN.FFMSUB_SELECTED_AGG_1804.
WARNING: Variable crms_org_id already exists on file
         LIB_TRN.FFMSUB_SELECTED_AGG_1804.
WARNING: The duplicate variables will not be included in the output dat
         the output statement number 1.

Please help me to remove this warning .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Astounding
PROC Star

The problem your code creates is that you are using these variables for two different purposes:  GPNR and CRMS_ORG_ID.  They are both part of the BY statement and part of the MAXID clause.

I can't see a reason to keep them in the MAXID clause, when they are already part of the BY statement.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Please help me reAD ySmiley HappyR code .  Easy to read code is not optional, it is key for anyone else looking at it.  Several tools are made available for to post code, use the code window - its the {i} above the post area, this keeps code formatting and doesn't put smiley faces in for instance.  Also, avoid coding in mixed case, thats not how you read a book.

You can try the autoname and autolabel options.  Basically the warning is telling you that the variable being created from the sum already exists as a variable in the dataset, so you need to give it another name.  The autoname should add sum_ to the name.

proc summary data=lib_trn.ffmsub_selected_1804 nway missing;
  by gpnr crms_org_id;
  var prov_num;
  output out=lib_trn.ffmsub_selected_agg_1804 
  sum=maxid(prov_num(gpnr crms_org_id reporting_period db_filialnummer
                     db_kontonummer ccdb_id kategorie gpname gbmerker
                     nachrichtlich))= / autoname autolabel;
quit;

Sukhi1
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for you suggestion.I will keep in mind from now onwards. Yes I did try autoname and autolabel but it created new variable gpnr2 and crms_org_id2. May be I have gpnr and crms_org_id in "by" statement also. Anyway I removed it from maxid(variable list) now it is fine. Thanks.
Astounding
PROC Star

The problem your code creates is that you are using these variables for two different purposes:  GPNR and CRMS_ORG_ID.  They are both part of the BY statement and part of the MAXID clause.

I can't see a reason to keep them in the MAXID clause, when they are already part of the BY statement.

Sukhi1
Calcite | Level 5
Yes. I did removed it from MAXID clause and it worked fine. Thank you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation