BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
variety
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using sas 9.3 version. In the out model data set from proc pls procedure, what does the letters 'WB', 'PQ' and 'V' mean? 

I am double checking is W and B are a combination of Weights and Beta coefficients. V is the proportion of variance. What does P and Q refer to? Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @variety,

Checking some internal docs, I see that PROC PLS OUTMODEL= is undocumented since SAS version 7.  As such, it's probably best to not rely on these for production code.

I suspect the same values can be gleaned from ODS OUTPUT, and they might have clearer descriptions.  Ron Cody has a good tip on ODS OUTPUT here.  And here's something more stat-oriented from @Rick_SAS.  

All of the ODS table names for PLS are documented here.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
variety
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your response @ChrisHemedinger.

My intention in asking the question is: I am curious as to find out what it means.

I personally use OUTPUT= statement to save my results.

Best Regards.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@variety wrote:

Thank you for your response @ChrisHemedinger.

My intention in asking the question is: I am curious as to find out what it means.

I personally use OUTPUT= statement to save my results.

Both Chris and I are referring to ODS OUTPUT which is not the same as the OUTPUT statement. I gave a link in your other thread to documentation on using ODS OUTPUT with PROC PLS, and Chris has done so as well.

As far as what these numbers mean, you need to read some introductory material on Partial Least Squares.

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@variety wrote:

I am using sas 9.3 version. In the out model data set from proc pls procedure, what does the letters 'WB', 'PQ' and 'V' mean? 

I am double checking is W and B are a combination of Weights and Beta coefficients. V is the proportion of variance. What does P and Q refer to? Thanks. 

May I make a suggestion that will improve everyone's efficiency of using the forum?

You don't need to ask the exact same question in two different threads. And if you ask the question in one thread and the reply is to show your code, then if you ask the question again in a different thread ... show your code!!! (But really, don't ask a 2nd time)

But anyway, I gave essentially exact same answer as @ChrisHemedinger in your other thread.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation