BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

When i run this code I get a WARNING!!!!!

Could you explain please where I went wrong???

Thanks

proc means data=grafts nway noprint;

var age;

output out=mean_grafts n= mean= std= median= min= max=;

run;

WARNING: Variable AGE already exists on file WORK.MEAN_GRAFTS.

WARNING: The duplicate variables will not be included in the output data set of the output

statement number 1.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

YOur output statement is trying to assign the variable name AGE to the results of N=, and then it is trying to assign the variable name AGE to the results of MEAN=, and so on. Can't be done. You can't have multiple variables named AGE.

You need to give each of the statistics that you request in your OUTPUT statement a distinct name, or use the /autoname option.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

YOur output statement is trying to assign the variable name AGE to the results of N=, and then it is trying to assign the variable name AGE to the results of MEAN=, and so on. Can't be done. You can't have multiple variables named AGE.

You need to give each of the statistics that you request in your OUTPUT statement a distinct name, or use the /autoname option.

--
Paige Miller
robertrao
Quartz | Level 8

OOPs. I used autoname this time and it worked out.

Thanks

Paige

proc means data=grafts nway noprint;

var age;

output out=mean_grafts n= mean= std= median= min= max=/autoname;

run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation