BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rcleven2
Obsidian | Level 7

I am replicating a lifetime risk analysis that the CDC put out a few years ago regarding HIV infection among race and risk category. Currently the process uses a program called DEVCAN which was built for calculating lifetime cancer mortality. PROC LIFETEST is the only SAS procedure that is close to what I need. 

Its looks as though PROC LIFETEST, for survival analysis starts with a cohort and follows that group over time. Well, I am conducting this for an entire state's population and don't have each citizen as an observation. Is there a way to calculate with LIFETEST using this data format:

AGE         POPULATION      RACE          SEX             RISK              HIV_POS

1               8,000                    White           F                  None              5

2               9,000                    White           F                  None              0

3               10,000                  White           F                  None              0

85+           13,000                  White           F                  None              7

1               8,000                    Black           M                  None              8

...Instead of having each line be an observation like i have seen in each paper and example so far?

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Do you have dates attached to those? Part of PROC LIFETEST does require a indication of the time of when events happen and it doesn't look like your data has those components.
rcleven2
Obsidian | Level 7
The date component would be met using Age as the increasing time value.
Reeza
Super User
Then look at the FREQ statement in LIFETEST.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation