BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleBL
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the Proc Import to bring in an XLSX.  I have ran into a problem where if the cell has a formula in it, it will not import the cell value and instead only impor the value of "A" for that cell.  Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Proc Import Datafile="&xlsx./L5 &filename..xlsx"

Out=&s_name._&s_tab. REPLACE

DBMS=xlsx;

Sheet= "&tab.";

Run;

7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

What would the value of the cell be? Is the type/length consistent with the rest of the values in the column?

MichelleBL
Calcite | Level 5

It is a character column.  It reads in the column headers and everything that does not have a formula.  It just seems to have an issue when there is a formula present in the cell.

ballardw
Super User

By any chance is that resolved cell value longer than for the first 20 rows or so?

MichelleBL
Calcite | Level 5

No the value isn't, the formula is.

MichelleBL
Calcite | Level 5

If I put in the value and get rid of the formula it imports fine.  But I can't do this on every doc/every sheet I am bringing in.

Reeza
Super User

This might be a tech support question, see the very fine print at the bottom of this page - Submit a problem report. The answer may depend on your OS, version of SAS, version of Excel.

Or can you include a sample of your Excel file?

MichelleBL
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, I submitted a problem.  Hopefully they can figure it out.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation