BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

I'm using proc geocode to geocode many addresses.  I have one example where the address says it's a street and zip match, but the M_ADDR value is nothing like the address passed in.  I get a score of 15 for that geocode.  In this case I can't use this data because the X Y values point to the matched address not the original address passed in.  What score or what way can I avoid using the incorrect matched address values?

Here is my geocode:

proc geocode
method = street
addressvar = r_addr
addresscityvar = r_city
addressstatevar = r_state
addresszipvar = r_zip
data = addr_raw
out = addr_geocoded
attribute_var = (COUNTYFP, TRACT, BLKGRP, BLOCK)
lookupstreet = geodata.USM
;
run ;
2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

All I can suggest is to examine your data and that result very carefully (Google Map or similar may be helpful). I do know that when I went to close on the purchase of my house that we had different records for the property with three different addresses depending on the source. If it is a corner lot you may be getting the address from an intersecting street.

jerry898969
Pyrite | Level 9

ballardw,

Thank you for your reply.   Is there a way with proc geocode to make the match exact or just slightly different?

This process will need to run for over 80K obserevations and I have to make sure the latitude and longitude point to the original address.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation