BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dedes93
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I need to run a linear regression with two categorical variables with 3 plus levels and one continuous variable on a continuous response variable, and is Thus using proc GLM.

Continuous variables:

- Price

- rating

Categorical varibles:

- product=(agriculture, rental, industry)

- customer_segment=(key, focus, corporate)

Is it possible to run the following regression, and if so how do you specify the interaction terms:

Proc GLM data=model1_data2 alpha=0.75;

class product customer_segment;

model price=rating product customer_segment industry*rating industry*key / solution;

output out=model1_v2_out r=res p=benchmark2 lcl=Q25 ucl=Q75;

Data model1_data2;

set model1_v2_out;

run;

So my issue is that i don't know how to specify interaction terms only involving specific levels of the categorical variable.

Hopes this makes sence.

I'm using SAS 9.4

Best, Andreas

1 REPLY 1
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2016/02/22/create-dummy-variables-in-sas.html

Many procedures output coded variables.  You can then process the output data set to drop terms.  Personally, I like transreg because 1) I wrote it, 2) it has nice names and labels for terms, and 3) it outputs a macro variable with all of the terms in the model.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation