kelSAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I am trying to export table on a remote server to my mac using

proc export data=mydata.table

outfile ="\Users\Mine\Desktop\table.xlsx"

dbms=xlsx

replace;

run;

I keep on getting error, saying temporary file cannot be created. make sure the path name is correct and that you have write permission. Do I have to download the table in sas format on to my mac and then use proc export to convert into excel format? or is my directory wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Where is SAS running? On a remote machine (such as a Linux box)?  Or are you using SAS University Edition?

If the former, you have to export to a location on that remote box, then FTP the file to your local folders.  Remote SAS can't see your local file system.

If the latter, then you need to use the Shared Folder mechanism in the VirtualBox setup that is hosting your SAS and SAS Studio instance.  Plenty of doc about that in the SAS University Edition FAQs.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If the SAS process is running on a server, it won't be able to access your Mac desktop.

How are you using SAS? Enterprise Guide, SAS Studio, Display Manager, batch mode?

kelSAS
Obsidian | Level 7
I think I remotely access to a server and run emacs on that server to run sas. (I am SAS dummy, so I am not sure if this answers your question...) But I get that my mac is unable to recognize that table.
kelSAS
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, I think just writing those lines won't give me the file. Thank you 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation