BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tritringuyen
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I am trying SAS University Edition. I found that some codes cannot be run with SAS University Edition. Here is an example of SAS log when I want to create lead values for some variables.

838 proc expand data=have out=want method = none;
ERROR: Procedure EXPAND not found.
839 by isin;
840 id fyear;
842 * Create lead for debtissuer;
843 convert DEBTISSUE;
844 convert DEBTISSUE = DEBTISSUEtp1 / transformout=(lead 1);
846 * Create lead for SEO;
847 convert SEO;
848 convert SEO = SEOtp1 / transformout=(lead 1);
850 * Create lead for cost of debt;
851 convert costdebt;
852 convert costdebt = costdebttp1 / transformout=(lead 1);
854 run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPAND used (Total process time):
real time 0.05 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

Is there any SAS procedure which is similar to proc Expand and results in the same outcomes? Thank you very much!

Cheers, Thierry
14 REPLIES 14
Reeza
Super User

Not all SAS ETS procedures are available in SAS University Edition. I don't think PROC EXPAND is included 😞

yuchang19931014
Calcite | Level 5

Does proc autoreg and proc tscsreg included? as when I type them, it says proc autoreg and proc tscsreg not found

Reeza
Super User

No, only limited PROCS from SAS/ETS are included.

• Six procedures from SAS/ETS are included in SAS University Edition to support the forecasting tasks in SAS Studio. The procedures are TIMEDATA, TIMESERIES, ARIMA, ESM, UCM, and TIMEID. You might notice that SAS/ETS appears in the list of products that are included with SAS University Edition. However, only those six procedures are included.

Limitations are listed here:

https://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/limitations.htm

@yuchang19931014 wrote:

Does proc autoreg and proc tscsreg included? as when I type them, it says proc autoreg and proc tscsreg not found

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The following SAS/ETS procs are included:

TIMEDATA, TIMESERIES, ARIMA, ESM, UCM, and TIMEID

PROC TIMEDATA is especially flexible, and you can probably use it to accomplish similar work to PROC EXPAND.

Alternatively, try SAS OnDemand for Academics -- hosted by SAS, this environment supports all of the SAS/ETS procs and more.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
tritringuyen
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you very much! 😞

ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi Chris

I'm sure when I've looked at SAS OnDemand for Academics before you had to be a teacher or student at an "accredited" body but looking now it seems independent learners can use it. Is this a recent change?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi @ChrisBrooks - yes, any learner can use SAS Studio on SAS OnDemand for Academics.  No university or course affiliation is required.

To use SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, or SAS Forecast Server on the environment, you do need to be a teacher or part of a registered class.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

Thanks - it's a shame about Enterprise Guide as I've been a big fan since, I think, about version 4....

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I like to hear that.  You didn't hear it from me, but you could register as an instructor and get access to download EG, exploring it for your own mentoring/teaching activities.  The version you get is pinned to the SAS OnDemand for Academics environment, and I don't think you can use it at the same time as a commercial version.  Also, some of the EG capabilities are "turned off" while connected to this environment.

tritringuyen
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you very much! I got an ID for SAS OnDemand now (never known before). Another concern is that whether data uploaded to SAS OnDemand are confidential? 

Thanks,

Thierry

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@tritringuyen:I'm sure it's spelled out in the terms of service, but you should not upload sensitive data to the SAS OnDemand for Academics environment. This area is for learning purposes and while data you upload isn't generally shared or accessible by other users, SAS does not promise rigorous security around these data files.

SAS offers "professional grade" hosting for companies with a much more secure/certified environment.

tritringuyen
Quartz | Level 8

@ChrisHemedinger thank you very much! I suppose that my data is not sensitive. However, I collect data for my research. I want to retain the copyright of those data. I read terms and conditions already, but I am not sure about how my data are used by SAS company.

yuchang19931014
Calcite | Level 5

does proc autoreg and proc tscsreg included?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation