BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8
# python code heret

Hi All,

I have recently started to use the SAS Jupyter notebook in my university. It works generally well, but I have a problem if I want to do some downloads from rsubmit sessions.

A remote session like this works okay:

%let wrds = wrds.wharton.upenn.edu 4016;options comamid = TCP remote=WRDS;
signon username=.....;
rsubmit;

data c;
    set crsp.dsf;
    if _n_ = 2;
run;

endrsubmit;

and I get a log with no problems:

NOTE: There were 90591326 observations read from the data set CRSP.DSF.
NOTE: The data set WORK.C has 1 observations and 20 variables.
NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
      real time           4.65 seconds
      cpu time            4.64 seconds

NOTE: Remote submit to WRDS complete.

But if I want to download the file, it seems to be a problem there. The * (see picture below) never goes away, which I think it might mean that it is still working? and it gives me no log at all.

When I check the folders, there is a file created as file c, but it is empty. Is there something that I shoud do to solve the problem? does it have anything to do with Jupyter notebook, or what?

Another point: I am not sure if it matters or not, but I am running the code on a server on my university computers, not my local computer.

As always,

Thanks a lot!

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Add STATUS=N to the PROC DOWNLOAD statement.  Perhaps it is trying to show the progress of the download.

Also arre you sure that you have write access to the target library?  What happens when you write to WORK library instead?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

I do not see anywhere in your code where you ever attempted to download anything.

You connected to a remote SAS session and ran a data step to create a WORK dataset on the remote session.

What do you want to "download"?

Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8

Tom, Please see the figure that is attached at the bottom. The first code is just to make sure that connection is working before the download,

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

So what does the SAS log say?

Post the log as text, not photographs.

Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8
See that is the problem. I get no log. When you use Jupyter notebook, if the code is running and it is busy, there will be a star beside the code (as I marked it on the figure). The code remains in that situation and never ends, which is odd since it should not take more than a minute.

If I use it on SAS simply, I do not have a problem.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Add STATUS=N to the PROC DOWNLOAD statement.  Perhaps it is trying to show the progress of the download.

Also arre you sure that you have write access to the target library?  What happens when you write to WORK library instead?

Shayan2012
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks a lot, Tom! It was resolved when I added status = N statement! I am such an amateur!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation