BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello, I am trying to connect to MySQL database using SAS Base via libname statement. The connection establishes fine and i can see the library and the tables in the explorer.

The problem starts when I try to open the tables or read any kind of information about them (like column list or other properties).

Here is some output from the log:
ERROR:Generic Critical Error
Read Access Violation In Task (View Table Window)
Exception Occured at (564B27DB)
After that there goes the task traceback and the last line of it is:
kernel32:GetModuleFileNameA+0xlB4.

I can paste the whole traceback if requested, but i guess it's not that important since that part differs for different procedures.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This Tech Support track may be relevant to your issue:
http://support.sas.com/kb/19/511.html

If not, I recommend that you open a track with Tech Support. They are the best resource to help with Generic Critical Errors.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Yes, the above posted track looks really similar to what I am experiencing, but the given solutions didn't solve the problem. Are there any other ideas on why would that be happening?
http://support.sas.com/kb/31/060.html
This one definately describes my problem, but I'm using MySQL 4.1.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation