BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
emil_karlsson_ferrologic_se
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to call a stored procedure in DB2 from SAS Base 9.2.

When I call a sp with only an IN argument it works as supposed, and I get the resultset I expect to get.

But when I try to call an extended version of the sp with the same IN argument, but an OUT parameter added I've got an IBM/DB2 CLI error.

The code I use is this:

proc sql;

connect to db2(database=&database user=&username password=&password);

%let out_status=2;

create table work.test as

select * from connection to db2

(CALL "SC40ADMIN".SPC40_HAMTA_NASTA_LADD_ID(1234, :OUT_STATUS));

disconnect from db2 ;

quit;

%put &out_status.;

This returns error:

ERROR: CLI prepare error: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0313N  The number of host variables in the EXECUTE or OPEN statement is not equal to the

number of values required.  SQLSTATE=07004

SQL statement: CALL "SC40ADMIN".SPC40_HAMTA_NASTA_LADD_ID(1234, :OUT_STATUS).

I've tried to follow the instructions in SAS/ACCESS(R) 9.2 for Relational Databases: Reference, Fourth Edition and Stored Procedure That Passes Parameters is very similar to what I want to achieve.

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You can only link query results to a from connection to statment. I think that stored procedures can be called from execute statement.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation