BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ucdcrush
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone. I'd like to know if there is a way to keep SAS from opening the "Results" tab of the docked area that contains both Results and Explorer. The reason being is I tend to be working in Explorer in a certain folder, and when I do something like made a table I normally like to open it from there.

As it is, SAS switches that window from Explorer to Results, even if there is no result (e.g. I just ran a proc import and a proc sort and there is no result, yet that docked window is switched from Explorer to Results). I then have to switch back to Explorer, then look at the table. I know it's a minor thing, but it's annoying none the less.

I tried Googling, and found what looked like a promising option (to turn off "View results as they are generated" in options), but that doesn't work. I also tried closing the results window, but it re-generates itself after each action.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
vomer
Obsidian | Level 7

Use this in your code:

ODS NORESULTS

or

ODS RESULTS OFF

You can also go to Tools => Options => Preferences. On the Results tab, disable the option entitled "View results as they are generated"

ucdcrush
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi vomer, in my original message, I stated that I tried the "View results as they are generated" option and it didn't do anything. I just tried your other suggestions, they did not help either. Any other ideas?

vomer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hmm strange, are you using it as follows:

ods noresults;

OR

ods results off;

Might also be a version incompatibility:

31789 - ODS output automatically opens in the Results Viewer window even when specifying ODS NORESUL...

ucdcrush
Obsidian | Level 7

I tried it both ways. Does not change anything, explorer window gets switched away to results window. Even when I've closed the result window with the red X, it comes to life (and focus) after every sas process.

Reeza
Super User

ods select none;

That works for me, not sure its a very good method though, make sure to set it back to ods select all; afterwards.

ods noresults doesn't work either (SAS 9.2 TS2M3)

ucdcrush
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza, just tried it and it didn't work. I am using the same sas version 9.2 TS 2M3, on Windows 7.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Try using the Tools--> Options--> Preferences window as shown in the attached screenshot.

cynthia

ucdcrush
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Cynthia. Thanks but I tried that first. It's un-checked, but it opens the result window after each proc.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what you wanted because at first, it sounded like not having the Results Viewer window open automatically, but now, in re-reading your post, it seems that you want your  TAB focus to ALWAYS stay on or return to the Explorer tab after you run a program. Usually, I don't even notice that the focus switches to the Results tab after I run a program because usually, that's where I want to be (on the Results tab).

I'm not sure whether there is a Display Manager command to bring focus to a docked TAB. This would be a question for SAS Tech Support or some deep diving into the Display Manager documentation.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation