deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello,
I have data on days individuals perform an activity set up as follows:

Individual Start Date End Date Total Days
1 10/15/2005 10/18/2005 4
2 11/7/2005 11/30/2005 23
3 12/1/2005 12/2/2005 2

I would like to create a plot where along the x axis we have consecutive days and along the y axis the date interval the activity is being performed. For each individual we would have a response of 1 on dates the activity takes place and 0 when it doesn't, then sum across all individuals for each day. That is, if 20 individuals are active on 11/7, then the y-value is 20 etc. Unfortunately, I am having trouble getting the data set up in a way to do this. Does anybody have any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I have 2 suggestions:
1) post your question to the SAS/GRAPH and ODS GRAPHICS Forum
and
2) read the documentation and run the examples for either
---PROC GPLOT
---PROC SGPLOT
and pay close attention to the sample datasets that they use to illustrate their examples. If you compare the structure of the sample datasets to the structure of your data, then you will begin to understand whether your data is "plot-able" in the current structure or whether your data needs to be summarized and/or transformed in order to be plotted.

cynthia
SPR
Quartz | Level 8 SPR
Quartz | Level 8
Hello

The following code does the job:

data t;
input Individual StartDate date9. +1 EndDate date9. TotalDays;
format StartDate EndDate date9.;
datalines;
1 15Oct2005 18Oct2005 4
2 07Nov2005 30Nov2005 23
3 01Dec2005 02Dec2005 2
;
run;

data b;
set t;
do i=1 to TotalDays;
if i=1 then date=StartDate-1;
else date+1;
activity=1;
output;
end;
format date date9.;
run;
proc SQL;
create table c as
select date, SUM(activity) as y
from b
group by date
;quit;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation