BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alewis3663
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to use a pass through to use iHistorian to access data I need. The code is listed at the bottom. I'm recieving the following error. 

ERROR: CLI describe error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB
provider "IhOLEDB.iHistorian" for linked server "fsp1".

Has anyone tried this with iHistorian? Does anyone know what's going on here?

----------------------------------------------------------------
proc sql;
connect to odbc as conn(dsn="FSPPDW" uid=FontaneF);
create table work.Stuff as
select * from connection to conn (
select * from OPENQUERY(fsp1,

'SELECT
tagname,
timestamp,
value as Signal

FROM ihrawdata
WHERE timestamp > 10/23/2015 AND timestamp < 10/25/2015
AND (tagname = Fsdfeee:000)
AND intervalmilliseconds = 60000
AND samplingmode=interpolated'

)
);
disconnect from conn;
;
quit;

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Have you tried to reach it from another (non SAS ) application?

Data never sleeps
alewis3663
Calcite | Level 5

I accessed the data through iHistorian Interactive SQL and it works. I have not tried it from another software. I'm only really familar with SAS and JMP, and most of my data processing is through SAS, so I would prefer to not incorporate a 3rd software.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One obvious problem in your SAS log is that you are using SAS/ACCESS to ODBC but the database driver error references OLEDB. So what type of database driver are you using with iHistorian - OLEDB or ODBC? You can only use an ODBC driver with SAS/ACCESS to ODBC. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
You should for trouble shooting purposes. Just try to open your source in Excel or any other OLE db/odbc client.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation