BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
reneerabbit
Calcite | Level 5

I'm needing to use a termination date in date9. format to join to another table that has monthly records with a time_id also in date9. format.  The problem is that the time_id always references the last day of the month (31JAN2015, 28FEB2015, etc.) and my termination date can be any day of the month.  I just need to use a member_id in combination with the termination month/year to join to the other table with member_id and month/year, disregarding day of the month.  SUBSTR requires characters and the dates are numeric.  I tried using MONTH(TERM_DT) but that gives the number of the month and I need the 3 character format for month.  Any other ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Use the INTNX function to move your date to the last of the month.

intnx('month', date, 0, 'e')

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User
Use the INTNX function to move your date to the last of the month.

intnx('month', date, 0, 'e')
reneerabbit
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks - this worked perfectly!  I didn't know just how versatile intnx was...

Reeza
Super User
Or the PUT function and a year month format.

put(termination_date, yymon7.)=put(time_id, yymon7.);
Ksharp
Super User

It would be better to post some data to explain your questions.  GROUPFORMAT + FORMAT is for such scenario .

data want;
 merge a b;
 by date groupformat ;
 format date monyy.;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation