BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kbohle
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

we try to read XML files and want to transform them into TXT (CSV) files.

Does anyone have experiences with PROC XSL? How should the XSLT file look like? Does the complete functionality of XSLT work (includung INCLUDE)?

Thanks in advance  Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kbohle
Fluorite | Level 6

For information:

I found how to use the XSLT INCLUDE command to avoid the error message above.

I have to use the XSLT INCLUDE command together with an absolute path. Afterwards the XSLT transformation works correct.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kbohle
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

already done - but documentation is small.

Do you have any experiences with PROC XSL?

Thanks in advance   Smiley Happy

manojinpec
Obsidian | Level 7

I have used once or twice.Not much extensively used. However if you have any query just let me know and i can try to reply.

kbohle
Fluorite | Level 6

I tried to use the PROC XSL and got an error message.

ERROR: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Die Formatvorlage konnte nicht kompiliert werden.

in English:

ERROR: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: the format template could not be compiled.

Interesting - SAS Englisch on a German PC produces a German Error message, therefore I think that the Error is produced by the Xalan.

I put the message in a SAS problem ticket - waiting on a reaction.

But any experiences about PROC XSL are welcome.

kbohle
Fluorite | Level 6

For information:

I found how to use the XSLT INCLUDE command to avoid the error message above.

I have to use the XSLT INCLUDE command together with an absolute path. Afterwards the XSLT transformation works correct.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation