BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to perform a two-way-ANOVA out of a dataset containing missing values. My principal approach is
Proc GLM data=...;
class group block;
model response=block group block*group;

How can I get the corresponding ANOVA-table after running PROC MI? All the examples I found so far seem to simply address the imputation process itself rather than the original problem. I'd like to compare my F- and p-values from the data with missing values to the results of the multiple imputation step. I'd be very glad if you could help me.

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Best wishes,
Andy
2 REPLIES 2
ArtC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
MI creates m data sets with imputed values. You then do the ANOVA m times. The followup procedure is MIANALYZE which is used to consolidate the m analyses into one.
lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 lvm
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
You can run GLM with missing values. However, your GLM model is probably incorrect. If you have one observation of each level of group in each block, then block*group is the residual error term. Thus, your model is overparameterized. Take out the block*group term. If you have multiple independent replicates of each level of group in each block, then you can separate the interaction and the residual. But most people consider block, and especially block*group as random-effect terms. You have them as fixed-effect terms. You will need to read more about use of GLM for random effects before addressing the missing-value issue. If you do decide to explore block or the interaction as random effects, you should definitely consider use of PROC MIXED, especially with missing data, instead of use of GLM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation