BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ElliotSprecher
Calcite | Level 5
I don't have a lot of experience with matched case-control studies, so I was surprised to see that PROC LOGISTIC doesn't support ROC analysis and ctable options when using the STRATA command. Is there a statistical or mathematical issue with ROC and specificity and sensitivity determinations, or is it simply that they have not been implemented yet (as with profile-likelihood CIs, which aren't available with STRATA, but which tablcan be obtained using the alternative transformed-data method)?
TIA,
Elliot

3 REPLIES 3
MohammadFayaz
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Do you want the ROC for each strata or for overall prediction ?

MohammadFayaz
Calcite | Level 5

For both of them, you can use  %rocplot by specifying the right input arguments based on your analysis.

For further information check the results tab in this page :

25018 - Plot ROC curve with labelled points for a binary-response model

ElliotSprecher
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the replies. I did try the macro, as you suggested, with a conditional logistic regression with strata. (Overall prediction is the goal.) Unfortunately, SAS also doesn't support OUTROC = when STRATA is used, so the macro cannot be run.
If it is simply a matter of SAS not currently supporting the necessary calculations in the current version, I suppose either other software might, or some rather tedious hand calculation could be employed (to at least produce a ctable from inverse fit of the logistic regression parameters). Of course, it may be that SAS doesn't implement ROC for STRATA for some statistical/mathematical reason which makes the calculation invalid – not that any come to mind, but as I wrote, I don't have a lot of experience with matched case-control studies.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation