BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

I run 64 bit SAS 9.4 M2 on Windows 7 and using PROC EXPORT with EXCELCS engine to export to 32 bit Excel. SAS PC Files service is installed. The workbook I export to has multiple sheets and has xlsb format. I have installed the correct version of PC Files Server to match the bits and SAS version. The problem I have is everything runs fine under my own account but the program hangs without errors under another account we have to run SAS batch jobs. Both accounts have administrator privileges. It's very puzzling, it looks like the cause may be some differences in the account properties/attributes? Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Try to use ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP to create Excel-readable .xml files.

- no 32/64 bit problems

- only Base SAS needed (no PC Files Server)

- will run on ANY platform

This should alleviate all problems arising from different configurations/privileges of the accounts involved

On top of this:

- can do report formatting (PROC EXPORT only delivers data)

PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Kurt,

Thanks for that. Would you have any example code using tagsets for Excel? Just in case, because I'm not familiar with this. Thanks!

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here's a simple test:

ods tagsets.excelxp file="\MyDir\class.xml"

proc report data = sashelp.class nowd missing;

run;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks!

Reeza
Super User

Does it run fine in batch under your own account?

PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, it runs fine under my own account in batch or interactively. It's the other account we have specifically for batch jobs that is giving the problem. The workbook has quite a few sheets but I wouldnt think that would be a problem.

PTD_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I think this is the most likely cause. I asked our IT department to compare the properties of the 2 accounts.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation