BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
katb
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all! I'm trying to run an ANOVA that models a continuous variable based on a categorical variable. For some reason, the SAS output is not including the means & pairwise comparisons. I know my code is right; I've run it on SAS on a different computer and it gives me all the proper output. It just doesn't seem to be working on my particular machine. Am I missing something? For reference, here's my code:

PROC ANOVA DATA = work.file3;
	CLASS DMDEDUC; 
	MODEL CFDRIGHT = DMDEDUC;
	MEANS DMDEDUC / LSD;
RUN;

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Can you show us the SASLOG? Can you show us the output? Can you show us (part of) the data used?

--
Paige Miller
katb
Calcite | Level 5

Here are screen shots of the SASLOG and all the output. The data was compiled from pieces of the NHANES data set, unfortunately I can't share the dataset since it was compiled by my professor and not myself (this is a class assignment).

ballardw
Super User

How did you move the data to the other computer? Am wondering if how you did that may have actually changed any values.

katb
Calcite | Level 5
This was for a class assignment, I sent my code to a fellow student who had downloaded an identical data set and it ran correctly on her computer.
Ksharp
Super User
Specify a ANOVA method.

PROC ANOVA DATA = sashelp.class;
	CLASS sex; 
	MODEL weight = sex;
	MEANS sex / TUKEY;
quit;

katb
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, my mistake for not specifiying in my original post. I tried using both the LSD and BON methods (this was for a class homework assignment, these are the two the professor suggested we use).  Neither resulted in pairwise comparisons showing.

Ksharp
Super User

Hey, I saw this in the output.

Is that what you are looking for ?

Means with the same letter are not significantly different.
t Grouping Mean N Sex
A 108.950 10 M
A      
A 90.111 9 F

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation