BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Olanike
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Please I am working on a 2 year data using the Proc mixed procedure. After the analysis (with no error in my SAS log), the P value associated with F value showed a significant difference but my mean values (after Tukey Kramer's adjustement) are not significant.

please how do I explain this.

Please find tattached the result (in excel)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The way to put this is something like: "Overall F-test shows significant variation between means, but multiple testing cannot identify significantly different pairs."

PG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Do not use MS Office files to share information, they are a security risk, and most people (including me) will not open them. Use PDF or TXT or GIF

The overall p value, associated with the F-test, does not have to agree with Tukey-Kramer. There is a lot of literature on the differences between multiple comparison of means procedures, perhaps you want to read up on this subject.

--
Paige Miller
Olanike
Fluorite | Level 6

Noted paige miller

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

The way to put this is something like: "Overall F-test shows significant variation between means, but multiple testing cannot identify significantly different pairs."

PG
Olanike
Fluorite | Level 6

Much appreciated PG. I will report it as you have advised.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation