BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can any one please tell me where to download orion star data.
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Orion Star datasets, as used for SAS Education classes, are developed specifically for each class. The SAS Enterprise Intelligence classes use multiple Orion Star data tables that have been defined to the Metadata Server and had Information Maps built. Because of the setup and configuration involved in using the data, these datasets are generally not available -- because to use the data, you would have to follow the same configuration and registration paths and have the same security authorizations as we had when we set up class. It's been our experience that most students cannot get this kind of authorization and the data is HUGE, besides and not easily FTP'd or written to media.

However, when you take other classes from SAS Education, modified versions of the Orion Star data are used in these classes and these versions of the data are available to students who have taken the class. If you contact your SAS instructor, they can provide you with download instructions for the class data. If you don't remember the name of your SAS instructor, then you can send mail to training@sas.com, explain which class you were in, and when and ask about getting a copy of the class data. Knowing when the class was held is helpful, because the data we use has changed over time and matches what is in the book you got for class.

If you have not taken a class from SAS Education, the version of the Orion Star data that is used in these classes is generally not available. However, many of the SAS sample programs either generate the type of data they need, in the structure needed (as for the SAS/GRAPH or SAS/Stat examples) or the sample programs use SASHELP datasets.

cynthia
garyrclark5
Calcite | Level 5

I figured it out.  Thanks.

harneshwadhwana
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Gary, did you get the Orion data set ? can you please help me out with any links?
NITYA0411
Calcite | Level 5

I am learning SAS by my self. does anyone have any link to orion star data sets?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation