BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jaime2
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm doing differential item functioning (DIF) analyses using the CMH in Proc Freq and based on the breslow-day test of

Homogeneity of the Odds Ratios, there appears to be some nonuniform DIF. My question is whether I can use a keyword to request that the odds ratios be saved/printed for each of my 10 strata.  

I've looked on the SAS 9.3 documentation for this proc and can't find any related information. 

I'm using SAS 9.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watts
SAS Employee

For stratified 2x2 tables, the CMH provides the overall odds ratios and the Breslow-Day test. The OR option displays the stratum-level odds ratios. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

@Jaime2 wrote:

I'm doing differential item functioning (DIF) analyses using the CMH in Proc Freq and based on the breslow-day test of

Homogeneity of the Odds Ratios, there appears to be some nonuniform DIF. My question is whether I can use a keyword to request that the odds ratios be saved/printed for each of my 10 strata.  

I've looked on the SAS 9.3 documentation for this proc and can't find any related information. 

I'm using SAS 9.4

It would help to show the code you are currently running. Some of the options to create output data sets, which is how I interpret "saved" require knowing which options were used to create the output. The OUTPUT statement may suffice or likely ODS OUTPUT.

Jaime2
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, Thanks for your reply - 'CMH' is the only option I have in the tables statement. I don't see any odds ratios for the individual strata, only the general odds ratio. 

proc freq data =mydata;

tables stratum*mode*item&i./ CMH ;

Reeza
Super User

Here's some instructions and explanations on how to capture output that is shown.
https://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2017/03/31/capturing-output-from-any-procedure-with-an-ods...

If the output is shown you can capture it with the method above.

Jaime2
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for this link! My problem is the OR is not there to begin with
Reeza
Super User
I think odds ratio are only done for 2x2 tables. You may need to use PROC LOGISTIC to get the odds ratio.
Watts
SAS Employee

For stratified 2x2 tables, the CMH provides the overall odds ratios and the Breslow-Day test. The OR option displays the stratum-level odds ratios. 

Jaime2
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks so much. For some reason I was stuck on trying to get the MH odds ratio for each stratum - but this works. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation