BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Guys,

I use OLAP Cube Studio and want
to add a new libraray. The whole SAS software is freshly installed.
Adding a new path results in a pop up asking
me to log into SASServer:SASMeta, I tried:

sasadm@saspw

sasvm\sasdemo

but nothing seems to work. The error is:
User SAS Administrator coiuld not log into
SASMeta - Logical Workspace Server.

Why would the administrator not be able to do that?
4 REPLIES 4
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
On http://support.sas.com/resources/thirdpartysupport/v92/appservers/wlunix.html I read:

The SASMeta - Workspace Server should be used for only a few designated administrative tasks.
It is appropriate to defer validation of this server until you have set up the SAS users
who will perform these tasks. This server requires an external account and is available to
only the SAS Administrators group.

When I select SASApp as the server the libraray should be allocated to and then use SASDemo as a workspace sever login it works. Have I done something bad by using SASApp now for the library in Olap Studio???
I find it so confusing to understand. It says it requires an external i.e. Windows Admin account
BUT is only available to SAS Administrators (Internal) ?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
While you may find some OLAP cube users in the SAS Procedures forum, you will probably find many, many more OLAP cube users and SAS Platform for Business Analytics users in the Web Report Studio forum. That may be a better place for you to post your question.

cynthia
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the advice. It was always a bit discouraging posting ito the SAS Procedures forum since I had the feeling its the wrong place. Why is there no OLAP forum? I will try posting it to the "Web Report Studio" forum. - altough that does not sound much more reasonable either.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Web Report Studio is one of the places where OLAP cubes are surfaced, therefore, also one of the main places where OLAP Cube Studio designers would test their OLAP cubes. Also, WRS developers (who know a thing or two about OLAP) occasionally drop in to that forum to review questions -- and they don't generally drop into the SAS Procedures forum.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation