BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jolly
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Can someone help guide me on how to obtain a Tolerance Interval in SAS 9.2 for a distrbution free or non-parametric data set?  

Thank you,
Jeff S. O.

1 REPLY 1
FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello Jeff,

There is a macro called TolLimit in the book Analysis of Clinical Trials Using SAS®: A Practical Guide which computes non-parametric two-sided and upper one-sided tolerance limits (using PROC RANK). I had never used it, but was curious and applied it to sample data from the classic reference Statistical Intervals: A Guide for Practitioners (Table 5.1, p. 80). I hoped it would confirm the two-sided distribution-free tolerance interval (actually one of two possible choices) presented in section 5.3.2 of this book. But it didn't: Only one of the two confidence limits matched. I haven't investigated the reason for this discrepancy.

Maybe the macro is useful to you anyway. It is available from the companion website of the SAS book mentioned above: http://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1747# (see "Example Code and Data"). It comes, however, with a license agreement which may or may not be acceptable to you.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation