BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ace2011
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

I am a complete newbie to SAS. I have sas eg 4.3 installed.
There are two things i need to do;

1. We create ppt presentations specifically on different slides each with a different image/logo.I want to build a library of these blank slides with these logos, such that users can choose a specific slide as they see fit and build ppt presentations.
Can this be done? if yes, how?

2. these same ppt's need some graphs from the web and so forth, is there a way we can load these web images automatically in sas by linking it to the web url or something? Again, can this be done? if yes, then how?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As far as I know, the only way to interface between PowerPoint and SAS is to use the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, as part of a SAS Platform for Business Analytics install (also known as the BI Platform).

With the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, you can (from within PowerPoint), run SAS tasks and wizards against SAS data sources and return the results to PowerPoint and/or you can run a stored process and return the results of the Stored Process to a PowerPoint presentation.

If you ONLY have SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS; but do NOT have the BI Platform or the SAS Add-in to Microsoft Office, then I believe your choices to create PowerPoint output from SAS are as described in these papers:
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/045-30.pdf
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/006-30.pdf

If you do have the BI Platform and the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, then you may want to repost your question in the Enterprise Guide or the Stored Process forums, where more of the BI Platform folks are likely to be reading posts.

cynthia
ace2011
Calcite | Level 5
Cynthia, thank you for the reply.

I do have SAS Add in for MS Office. I will look into this add-in more, and see if i am able to get anywhere with this.

I will repost this in the stored process forums as per your recommendation,

Thanks,
Ace

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation