BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
redspring
Calcite | Level 5

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I have built a Weibull survival model using proc lifereg and I now need to validate it using the bootstrap approach.

As per the study protocol I need to calculate the Nagelkerke’s R2 and C-statistics.

In validation I continue needing to use proc lifereg. I did some search for the option for c statistics for proc lifereg and it seems proc lifereg does not have this option.

First of all is it right proc lifereg does not support the option for c statistics? If it is true what alternative I may use to fulfill the same purpose?

Can anyone please advise?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Look in below paper for 'modified' concordance statistic (or C-statistic) in survival models.

In the context of survival analysis, various C-statistics have been formulated to deal with right-censored data (Harrell 1986; Uno et al. 2011).

Paper SAS462-2017
Evaluating Predictive Accuracy of Survival Models with PROC PHREG
Changbin Guo, Ying So, and Woosung Jang, SAS Institute Inc.

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings17/SAS0462-2017.pdf

BR,

Koen

redspring
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for sharing that paper.

I use proc lifereg. It seems it does not support the c statistics.

Any further comments?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation