BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
berhard
Calcite | Level 5

I have a dataset with a series of six variables (coded 0 for no and 1 for yes) related to one question about water use. In the survey, participants were told to select as many responses as were applicable. How can I code this so I see what % of participants chose each response or no responses? I've been able to find the answer for coded data (cards) but not for imported data (from excel).

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Once data has been imported into SAS, the source becomes irrelevant. Just adapt variable names, and you're good.

If you run into problems, post the code you already have, example data and what the result should look like.

berhard
Calcite | Level 5

Basically, this is what it looks like in the codebook. As you can see, there are 0 for no and 1 for yes, the variables I want to look at are coded as wat_del_ip through wat_del_or. I want to create a table similar to the one second picture here, but have only been able to find code for data cards and not imported data.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 9.01.49 AM.png
berhard
Calcite | Level 5

Here's the codebook picture:

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 9.01.13 AM.png
Astounding
PROC Star

Since you are working with 0/1 variables, and they are already separate variables, you won't need any examples related to a multilabel format.  A simple PROC TABULATE can handle this:

proc tabulate;

var wat_del_ip wat_del_or;

tables wat_del_ip wat_del_or, sum='N' mean*f=percent8.1;

run;

You can change the label for the word 'Mean' is you prefer.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation