BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear All,


I much appreciate your help.

I am analyzing a longitudinal survey data that collected 3 times (T1, T2, and T3). T1=600 observations, T2=500 (15%) was drop-out and T3=400 (13% was drop-out). Thus totally, 28% were a drop-out. Time-unvarying variables like sex, ethnicity did not collect in T2 and T3. An outcome of interests is a continuous variable. The main predictor is a categorical variable. 


1) My inclusion criteria, I included only Subjects who had at least 2-time surveys. For instance, to exclude id_102 who missed a variable "ssup_cat" and id_107 who missed all variables. Please kindly see the attached file (I am use a SAS studio).


2) I want to create missing data files (lost to follow-up) in T1 and T2, T2 and T3 and T1 and T3. 


How can I tell SAS to do the jobs. Thank you for your time in advance!


Phan S.





Jade | Level 19

Show examples of the data illustrating all the anticipated conditions, in a DATA step format.   The show what you want the result data set to look like.

The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets




Registration is open! SAS is returning to Vegas for an AI and analytics experience like no other! Whether you're an executive, manager, end user or SAS partner, SAS Innovate is designed for everyone on your team. Register for just $495 by 12/31/2023.

If you are interested in speaking, there is still time to submit a session idea. More details are posted on the website. 

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Get the $99 certification deal.jpg



Back in the Classroom!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 in conversation