BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ashraf
Calcite | Level 5
Greetings:

Is there a simple solution to calculate mean difference? That is, if I have series, say, X = x1, ..., xn. I can calculate difference of two values defining a new variable as:

d_X = dif(X);

What if I want to calculate the difference of each observation from the mean of the series? Is there a simple way to do this instead of calculating the mean and then subtracting it from each observation? That is, say,:

d_mX = (X - mean(X));

I am sure there is one, I just cannot find the command. (By the way, "meandif" is not a valid command for this.)

I appreciate your help.

Best,

Mitu Message was edited by: ashraf
2 REPLIES 2
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Suggest searching the SAS support http://support.sas.com/ using the website SEARCH facility or possibly using a Google advanced search argument (sample below):

mean difference site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
ashraf
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Scott. One solution that I found late last night was STDIZE procedure.

Mitu

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation